An essential activity for an expert is to evaluate how effective your online content is. Will it be well received by editors? Will it give you the conversion you seek? Is it memorable and will it be picked up in searches? These are just a few of the questions you need to keep in mind when you prepare your articles for online placement.
1. Write to entertain and inform readers about what they want to know, not what you want to tell them. Hit an emotional chord.
2. Keep your paragraphs short and to the point. Online readers typically scan rather than read in great detail.
3. Keep your word count to 500-700 words. The goal is to entice readers to come to your website. So don’t be shy about leaving your readers wanting more.
4. Give specific take-away tips. Being a great resource is a crucial way to increase your long term value to your readers. It also motivates people to share your content.
5. Find a unique spin on a very popular topic. Don’t avoid commonly discussed topics, just be very creative about how you approach the topic.
6. Weave in a personal tone that suggests you have a real connection to your content. People tend to avoid being ‘taught’. They respond more to a sense that you’ve been there too.
7. Include your credibility without sounding promotional. Nothing turns editors off more then content that sounds like a sales pitch.
8. Include an introduction to set the tone for the content you are providing.
9. Include a brief summary to close out the content and give it a sense of being complete.
10. Make sure your titles and several words throughout the content are tied to what people actually type in to search engines. Being keyword friendly is a major component to effective organic SEO.
Do you know the one secret successful experts know about leveraging online placements? Learn the secret experts use to create revenue and build a meaningful platform.